If you are tired of where you live, and are looking across the map of the United States for a place that might be warmer and brighter than you are used to, then you need to consider Tampa in Florida. Keep reading to learn 5 great reasons why you should move here!
1) Enjoy the wonderful weather! Like most of Florida, Tampa’s regular minimum of sunny days per year is 250. That’s the minimum! There’s usually far more, so if you consider yourself a sun worshipper, you’ll be right at home here. Don’t let the state’s reputation of hot humid summers bother you either. If you check, you’ll see the summer highs here are about what you would get in New York or even Canada, and since Tampa is near the Gulf of Mexico, the humidity here isn’t like what it is further in towards the center of the state, like what happens to Gainesville.
2) Relax on beautiful beaches. The beaches of Miami might be the most famous in Florida, and there’s certainly a lot of partying on the Atlantic coast, but there’s great beaches on the Gulf side too, often rated as having better sand. Unlike the Atlantic side, Tampa residents and visitors get to see the sun set over the water.
3) Relatives and friends will beg to visit you. No one has enough down time in their lives, and busy families have to split up their few days off together between catching up with people they love spending time with or going on vacation together. If you live in Florida anywhere, everyone has an excuse to come see you. Not only can you take them to great beaches, but there’s plenty of urban amenities, culture, museums, professional sports, and even Busch Gardens.
4) It’s not just for retirees. While it is true that baby boomers are flocking here every year for a vibrant lifestyle in their golden years, working adults and young professionals stand to benefit from the booming population growth and affordable housing.
5) Exotic destinations are only days or hours away. Many cruise lines run from multiple ports of call across the state, meaning cheap vacations across the Caribbean are only a short drive away. If you want to fly to Central America or even South America, many interesting and diverse cities are only a few hours by plane.